SoundWaveMs
Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoundWaveMs
Please Log In
SoundWaveMs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoundWaveMs

You are not connected. Please login or register

(important) READ THIS

+15
Fatalx
ThickResidue
syndragore
Derek
IAsian
mochabean34
[GM]Anddy
iStalk
Yumi
Adam
aMpZ
Jazzyx
muradori
KennySoFly
Zachary
19 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1(important) READ THIS Empty (important) READ THIS Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:36 am

Zachary

ELLO ITS ZACHARY
NORMALY YOU WOULDNT SEE MY POSTS AROUND O.O
well ima zachary alex's step brother
most of you know me
well we currently
have 30k people playing due to our beta test that was out 15 hours ago
WELL
we have 40 gms and we need to upgrade DUE to 30k ppl
you may vote how many gms we should increase down on the comments
RULES:
may NOT vote if you just want to make more room for your friends or you
has to be 40+
that will be All AND if you vote and if other people say your same vote many times we will use the number and all of the people will get 3 random prizes

Razz

2(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:01 am

KennySoFly

KennySoFly

50 gms are good.

3(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:05 pm

muradori

Last edited by muradori on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

4(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Jazzyx

Jazzyx

i agree with "swishh"
50 gms are good.

5(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:51 pm

aMpZ

Zachary wrote:ELLO ITS ZACHARY
NORMALY YOU WOULDNT SEE MY POSTS AROUND O.O
well ima zachary alex's step brother
most of you know me
well we currently
have 30k people playing due to our beta test that was out 15 hours ago
WELL
we have 40 gms and we need to upgrade DUE to 30k ppl
you may vote how many gms we should increase down on the comments
RULES:
may NOT vote if you just want to make more room for your friends or you
has to be 40+
that will be All AND if you vote and if other people say your same vote many times we will use the number and all of the people will get 3 random prizes

Razz

I think 50.

6(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Adam

Adam

well 40 is good but if you want more than ya make it 50

https://www.youtube.com/viewerownage

7(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:11 am

Yumi

Yumi

from what i heard we have 3 versions of server planning to go on?
if so, i would say 60
20 for each would make sense
at least to me
people think "wow 20 is too much!"
but after awhile after the server goes on, how many gm do you see will actually be on then? this is one of the concern I have I thought would contribute to the need to increase in GMs

8(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:27 am

iStalk

50 is good :DD and it a nice number too >,<

9(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:39 am

[GM]Anddy

Wow more ppl than odin ms titan ms sydney ms and final ms added together Shocked

10(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:18 pm

mochabean34

mochabean34

ya 50s good. Razz

11(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:50 pm

IAsian

IAsian

i think 60

12(important) READ THIS Empty max gms? Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:45 pm

Derek

i would think 50 is perfect =D

13(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:12 pm

syndragore

syndragore

Actually, I think 60 is a good idea. 50 might not be enought for 30k people. And of course, more ppl are gonna join. Very Happy

14(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:10 pm

ThickResidue

ThickResidue

Pros and Cons of 50GMs or 60GMs

50 GMs

Pros
Owner/Admins would have more control over GMs.
Smaller chance of "private events" due to less amount of GMs(Not saying all GMs are like this but every PS i have played in, there have been un-trustworthy people).

Cons
More hackers due to smaller amount of GMs. (The ones that somehow elude the autoban.)
Less events for loyal players.
More harrassment/smega spam.
Questions being unanswered due to less amount of GMs.
Uneven amount of GMs in each version. 15/15/20? 20/20/10?
More work for the Admins/Owner.

60 GMs

Pros
Smaller amount of hackers.
More events.
Less harrassment/smega spam.
More questions being answered.
Can be evenly divided. 20 GMs in each version. 20/20/20
Less work for Admin/Owners.

Cons
Harder to control every GM.
Higher chance of "private events".

In the end, I'd have to go with 60 GMs based on the Pros and Cons. The Cons for 60 GMs are solvable. The private events can be solved with a quick ban-hamma of the GM and asking nicely to the not-so-lucky fellas who got this event. If they decide not to return it, we could just introduce our little friend, the hamma of justice. Controling GMs also can be solved with SGMs. They arn't there for no reason. Razz I hope this has influenced you on picking how many GMs you think there should be.

15(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:20 am

Fatalx

Fatalx

You guys are getting the server wrong. Its v55, v62, v72 COMBINED together.

16(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:22 pm

magisjay

magisjay

Fatalx wrote:You guys are getting the server wrong. Its v55, v62, v72 COMBINED together.

If it's combined, then which version of the client would we need? Or is it just a v.70.

17(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Adam

Adam

First of all, your reply has nothing to do with the topic. Second of all, you can use any of those 3 versions of maplestory. There is only one client to be downloaded.

https://www.youtube.com/viewerownage

18(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:50 pm

magisjay

magisjay

It's a sincere question and unless you want me to make a thread regarding this question, it has something to do with it, doesn't it?

19(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:19 pm

iMaRk

iMaRk

Well, because of the mass amount of players im going to say 60 GM's would do nicely.

20(important) READ THIS Empty 60 is good . Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:12 am

Extraordinary

60 because within 30k + people , there is most likely going to be alot of hackers.

Just my opinion ,

~Extraordinary <3

21(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:13 am

syndragore

syndragore

magisjay wrote:
Fatalx wrote:You guys are getting the server wrong. Its v55, v62, v72 COMBINED together.

If it's combined, then which version of the client would we need? Or is it just a v.70.

i was wondering the exact same thing. m sorry its a bit off topic, but yeah what do you mean they are combined together? wouldnt that mean that if v72 is included in the 3, that would be the client we use? doesnt each new version of maple contain all the previous versions? i could be wrong, but im just a little confused as to what combined means.

22(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:38 pm

ThickResidue

ThickResidue

As Tyler (magisjay) stated before... please make a thread about this and not post this here...

I think that you can use any of those versions and everything will be implemented in each of those ones... (kinda hard to explain). Like... the jumping from the top platform to the one under you for example. It's not in v55 but in v62 it has it. So i think that they probably did some coding or something and made it so that you could do that in v62.

23(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:18 pm

magisjay

magisjay

Yea Kevin make a new thread, there's plenty of room anyways

24(important) READ THIS Empty Re: (important) READ THIS Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:15 pm

iEvilFishy

iEvilFishy

Yumi wrote:from what i heard we have 3 versions of server planning to go on?
if so, i would say 60
20 for each would make sense
at least to me
people think "wow 20 is too much!"
but after awhile after the server goes on, how many gm do you see will actually be on then? this is one of the concern I have I thought would contribute to the need to increase in GMs

agreed with Yumi

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum